2014-12-05

Inertia and matter waves

So this is NOT a real blog post. Instead it's out loud brainstorming. I've got an idea that I want to suss out a little bit. I've basically entirely put the Blain Laboratory aside in terms of the philosophy of it, and will turn my attention to Q-Time. (The only thing left for the Blain Lab is the mathematical machinations, which I have to wait to do later when I get textbooks to study from.)


Regarding Q-Time, I've been thinking in the back of my head - the great physicists postulate special inertial states, those states where Newton's Laws work. I've been mulling over these concepts a lot because to build the Blain Lab, I had to redefine what is an allowable inertial state and include one more special one, for particles only.  Multiparticle objects aren't allowed to participate in this special extra inertial state, that of orientating automatically towards all incoming photons. This special inertial state is **required** to keep the speed of light as a constant from the perspective of particles.


Of course, that's only the first step, and only what I'll be giving to people in the first document, but they'll still be operating under the paradigm of Newton's First Law.


In my next document, I will show that this basic type of particle interaction is always in governance, but we don't notice as much, because the interactions of matter particles is mediated the their own interactions with photons.  The interactions become highlighted when we consider that the momentum of photons is basically fixed for a given wavelength, p=h/lambda, but for particles it is flexible through p=mv.


I'm getting off topic; my point is, I've been thinking a lot about these special inertial states, and wondering why they must exist at all? Certainly it would be cleaner and more satisfying to me if the mathematics worked out isomorphically. An example of two states that may or may not be isomorphic -
   * Particle O on the origin, particle A stationary on (0, 1), particle B starting at (1, 0) and accelerating towards (infinity, 0)
   * Particle O on the origin, particle B stationary at (1, 0), and particle A starting at (0, 1) and moving towards (0,0) but decelerating.

This is NOT apparently physical. It must be one or the other, to keep inertia and the speed of light happy.

But what if the special new inertial state I've discovered hints at a deeper reality where things ARE perfectly isomorphic like this??  We might still run into trouble with the Planck length, which gives a definite measure of distance and kills isomorphism, but I'd like to consider it anyway.

Planck length aside, we can't achieve perfect isomorphism right now because of the special inertial states.  So, I've been thinking - multiparticle objects can't achieve the rotational freedom of the special inertial state I discovered for zero-dimensional points. Maybe  "multiwave" items (i.e. particles) can't achieve perfect isomorphickness for a similar reason. The isomorphickness is blocked because there are multiple waves, but if we were talking about single waves, then the isomorphism would work out just fine.

In FACT, just like the real theory is really there, underneath, at all times, the same way the Blain Laboratory is there and working all the time though we can't generally see it, so it should be true that the universe *really is* isomorphic with respect to velocities and accelerations, we just generally can't see it because the waves are mostly bundled up into particles, hiding the isomorphism.

If true, how the hell would I figure that out?

I could start by looking at the inertial states, and not just the special one either, but all inertial states. When two Laboratories are moving at constant speed relative to each other and at least one is "Newtonian", how are the particle waves (matter/photon) operating with respect to each other??

The two important factors are:

  • the fact that they are moving with constant velocity with respect to each other
  • at least one of them is respecting Newton's 2nd and 3rd laws
What does this mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment